Fresh Fruit Ice Cream
• 3 small (5 ounce) cans PET evaporated milk
• 1/2 of a 14 ounce can of Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
• 8 ounces Cool Whip
• 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 3 1/2 to 4 cups peeled, chopped and mashed peaches
(or strawberries or blueberries, see tip below)
• whole milk (approximately 1/2 to 1 cup)
Mix all the ingredients except the milk together, folding in the Cool Whip last. Pour into a 4-quart ice cream machine and add milk to the fill line (If you don’t use all the milk, that’s fine. It can vary depending on your fruit, but don’t overfill your ice cream maker). Freeze following your machine’s instructions.
Tip: If using berries, puree them first and cook them with the sugar for just a few minutes in a saucepan over medium-low heat to let it dissolve in their juices. Save some whole berries to add on top.