Putting the Fun in Fundraising!
To bid or not to bid? That’s the question The Alabama Shakespeare Festival’s 2016 Armchair Auction is asking, and once you get a look at the many amazing items and experiences available in this year’s auction, it will be easy to see why the the answer is always “bid!” (And then bid some more!)
This annual auction is the major fundraising event for The Alabama Shakespeare Festival, which is Alabama’s official State Theatre and is also one of the country’s leading centers for theatre arts and theatre arts education. Bidding opens on January 25 and continues through January 30 at 6 p.m., and you can get in on all the fabulous shopping action here.
The auction takes place online, making it so easy to browse the items, read more about their specifics and then, without having to change out of your comfy clothes, you can bid away. Folks often score some real discounts and deals; plus, you get the warm, fuzzy feeling that comes with knowing you’re supporting one of our state’s cultural treasures and helping it continue to delight audiences of all ages with its full season of dramas, the Bard’s classics, comedies, musicals, children’s plays and more that it produces each year.
Just a Sampling
Here’s a list of just a few of the items you can bid on; if some seem familiar, many of the generous folks who’ve donated their goods and services for this year’s auction have been featured in LEAN or on readlean.org before, and a few (like Fisher’s and Pursell Farms), will be covered in our Spring 2016 issue. Click on the link for more details on each item.
- Three-Night Stay at Henderson Park Inn
- $100 Gift Certificate to Fisher’s at Orange Beach Marina
- Dinner for Four at Odette in Florence
- Golf for Four at Pursell Farms
- Romantic Russell Lands Getaway at Lake Martin
- One-Night Stay with Breakfast for Two at Fort Conde Inn in Mobile
- Two-Night Stay at Turquoise Place in Orange Beach
- Fraxel Duo Treatment & Botox from Dr. Elise Barnett at Montgomery Dermatology Associates
- Vintage Glass Pearl Beads with Gemstone Chain Necklace by Burgwin Studios (Alabama made!)
- Black Freshwater Pearl Necklace & Matching Earring Set from Harold’s Fine Jewelry
- Three Emma Jane Necklaces (Alabama made!)
- Pine Desk Lamp & Necklace from Flannel and Floral (Alabama made!)
- One-Night Stay at The Grand in Point Clear
- Oyster Oil Pastel by Auburn artist Andrew G. Lee (Alabama made!)
- Abstract by Montgomery artist Jamie Mitchell (Alabama made!)
- Set of Textured Abstracts by Montgomery artist Chandler Hines (Alabama made!)
Sip, Savor & Shop!
To get a closer look at some of the physical items up for bid, mark your calendar for January 25 and make plans to attend the Feast of Flavours Preview Party held at The Alabama Shakespeare Festival. LEAN is thrilled to help promote this delicious event as a media sponsor, and now in its second year, the event features local chefs and mixologists whipping up their best bites and cocktails for you to taste while you stroll through ASF’s lovely lobby and check out the furniture, antiques, art, jewelry and more available in the auction. You can make a note of what you want to bid on later, or go ahead and get started. Bidding opens during the party, continues online all week, and then closes on Saturday, January 30, at 6 p.m. At the end of the evening, you’ll get the chance to vote on the dish and drink you liked most and help crown the winning chef and mixologist. Don’t miss this evening of fun, food and fundraising, and be sure to stop by the LEAN table and grab a copy of our winter issue if you haven’t seen it yet! Get your tickets here.